Friday, March 16, 2007

Essential Question #3

What could I do to help others who are less fortunate?
When I go and Visit my grandmother in Kahala, we have to go underneath the freeway. I see the same homeless guy standing with a sign saying "Will Work for food" Everytime I say the same thing, I feel really bad for that guy and I wish that I could do something to help him. On Christmas Eve we went over to my grandamas house, and I saw the same guy. We parked across the street so we had to pass him. I had my wallet, so I got out five dollars and handed it to the guy. He was surprised because nobody has been giving him anything. I handed it to him, and he had tears in his eyes, I told him Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year. He said "God Bless ya Sonny". This has alot to do with my Essential Question because I gave this man some money so he could buy food. I knew I was taking a risk because I didnt know anything about this man, he could of grabbed me and took all of my money.

No comments: